Colorado Council for Children with Behavioral Disorders is recognized as an official Subdivision of the Council for Children with Behavioral Disorders, a division of the International Council for Exceptional Children.
AFFECTIVE NEEDS IS NOW A FALL CONFERENCE! Registration is open!
The conference will be November 14, 2014, at the Doubletree Hotel on Quebec in Denver.
To register online CLICK HERE
For mail in registration click on the conference link in the menu to the right.
The Colorado Council for Children with Behavioral Disorders and the Colorado Department of Education is sponsoring a one-day skill-building and awareness-level conference on meeting the affective needs of students. This conference will be beneficial for any professional who works with students with significant affective needs in a school environment, as well as those who are preparing for a career in this field. The conference will focus on the social, emotional and behavioral needs of all students, with a strong focus on “Tier 2 and Tier 3” information and interventions.
Our Keynote Speaker
Who is Jonathan Friesen?
• Fourteen-year public school teacher (both classroom and special ed.)
• Expert on bullying prevention and intervention, teen isolation and ostracism, and a host of disability issues. A
captivating presenter who draws from his own life lived with Tourette Syndrome & Epilepsy
• Author of Jerk, California and Rush (Penguin, USA), The Last Martin (Zondervan) and two works-in-progress
with Puffin and Zondervan
• Recipient of the American Library Association’s 2009 Schneider Family Book Award and the Library Media
Connection’s Editor’s Choice Award for his debut novel, Jerk, California
• Founder of WriteHomeStudio with the goal of raising up writers of excellence
• Board member of the Minnesota Tourette Syndrome Association
Breakout sessions will include topics such as PBIS, autism, new SIED guidelines and behavior management.
We are going paperless, and to support this, WE NOW HAVE WI-FI FOR ALL ATTENDEES, so bring your device!
Doubletree Hotel Denver
3203 Quebec Street ~ Denver, Colorado
Conference rate on hotel is $109 per night (King or Double).
Reservations must be made directly with the hotel by October 14, 2014 at